Location: Vaughan ON
Position: Warehouse Manager
File Number: 2666
Our client is in the building industry, supplying tile, carpeting and wood flooring. Daily contractors bring their vans to their warehouse to get the supplies for the day
They are looking for an individual that has the following
• 5+ years at managing a warehouse in a JIT environment
• Demonstrated strong skills at both implementing strong procedures and SOP’s within the facility and working with the lead hand to implement these
practices on a daily basis
• Proven expertise in warehouse layouts to maximize the efficiency of operations
• Experienced at working in teams with other parts of the business that directly affect the performance of the warehouse ( scheduling, procurement,
transport, suppliers etc)
• Experience at the implementation of new WMS within and ERP environment
• An ability to interact with management but equally comfortable managing the hourly employees
With the hiring of a lead hand in the warehouse, who is meant to be the implementer of SOP’s and daily execution of team tasks, their hope is that the warehouse manager will have time freed up to be able to participate in discussions with other departments in order to improve company wide processes that are now causing operation inefficiencies and even failure in the warehouse which in turn are causing service failures in the field.
The salary range for this position is market competitive. There is currently no performance bonus but this is being planned with the implementation of ERP over the next 18 months. There is a company benefit plan.
If you are interested in this role, or know someone who is, please reach out to us